About Juno Women's Aid
Juno Women's Aid is the largest domestic abuse organisation in Nottingham and one of the largest in the UK. We work with women, children, and teens who have been affected by domestic abuse in Ashfield, Broxtowe, Gedling, Nottingham City, and Rushcliffe.
We run a wide range of services including the 24-hour Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Freephone Domestic and Sexual Violence Helpline. This is where you can speak to one of our specialist trained female support workers 365 days a year.
In the last 12 months, we’ve worked with 5,324 women, 462 children and young people fostered 53 pets and taken 11,000 calls on our Helpline.
At any one time, we're supporting 500-600 women and children in Nottingham and South Nottinghamshire.
We’ve been helping women, children, and teens in Nottingham for over 40 years and we’re passionate about helping anyone affected by domestic abuse to stay as safe as possible and to recover from the harm of domestic abuse.
Our services include:
- Information and advice
- Drop-ins and one-to-one support
- Healthy relationship courses and therapeutic groups
- Refuge and emergency accommodation
- Foster care for family pets
- Training for healthcare professionals in domestic abuse awareness
- To support and empower women, children, and teens and to strengthen families
- To raise awareness about domestic abuse and its effects
- To challenge the taboo of silence and misperceptions
- To ensure the provision of specialist services to counteract domestic abuse, run by women for women, teenagers and children
- To change lives
In the next 5 years, we will have established a vast network of supporters to help us raise awareness and move our community standards of acceptance to reach tolerance zero towards domestic abuse.
In June 2019 we changed our name from Women's Aid Integrated Services (WAIS) to Juno Women's Aid (Juno) to differentiate ourselves from the other Women's Aid organisations in the area. Juno is a Roman goddess, protector of women and children.